Thy Geekdom Con will have both Smash Bros Wii U, Smash Bros. Melee, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite, and other tournaments this year.
You can pre-register online here or at the at convention.
There will be many prizes and surprises for winning the tournaments!
Tekken 7, Injustice 2, and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite hosted by FoodChain
Bring your own controller
On site registration begins at Saturday 10AM and Sunday at 11 AM.
Tekken 7, Injustice 2, and Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Rules
- Game Settings: Versus Mode, 2/3 Games, 99 Seconds
- Winner must keep same character and variation.
- If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
Smash Bros. Tournaments will be hosted by Just Smashing
Smash Bros. Wii U Rules
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- 6 min timer in all events
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O's discretion).
- For a match ending in sudden death, please refer to the tie break section of the rules below.
- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- Wii U Gamepads/3DS/2DS are not a legal controller for use.
- Wii U Pro controllers and Wii Remote combinations are legal for tournament play. However, if you are found to have caused interference for lack of desync/disconnect, (be it intentionally or non-intentional) you are subject to disqualification from ALL events you are competing in.
- Default Mii with 1-1-1-1 are legal for tournament play in non-customs. You must use either Guest A or Guest B.
- Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, Corrin and Lucas are all legal in tournament play. All consoles must contain these characters.
1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-1
3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stages (2 bans) for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.
Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.
1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent. If the % were tied or the match ended in a simultaneous death, proceed to step 2.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the round. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 3.
3. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.
- All of Thy Geekdom Con's Attendee Rules apply
- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from Thy Geekdom Con. Don't let me see any, smell any, etc. We'll send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.
Stage rules (all events except customs):
- Smash for Wii U Starter Stages
Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Town and City
Dream Land 64
- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (1 stage ban)
Final Destination/Any Omega Stage (except Pyrosphere) *
*Note: If Battlefield is banned in the stage selection process, miiverse is also banned
*Note: If Palutena's Temple Omega Form is banned, FD/Omegas are banned also.
Payouts will be divided 60/30/10
Super Smash Bros. Melee Ruleset
-Damage ratio: 1.0
-Pause off is recommended
-Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land 64
-Counterpicks: Pokemon Stadium
-Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are Best-of-5
-Dave's Stupid Rule
-1 ban for winner of previous game
1. Players select characters. Double blind pick may be initiated.
2. Players strike to starter stage in 1-2-1 fashion. Rock-Paper-Scissors or Judge Method may be used to determine who strikes first. Game 1 is played.
3. Winner of Game 1 bans 1 stage from the full list of stages. Loser of Game 1 selects from remaining stages.
4. Winner of Game 1 switches characters if necessary.
5. Loser of Game 1 switches characters if necessary. Game 2 is played. Repeat steps 3-5 until set is completed.